Connecting people to people and people to place...
• Central Coast, NSW
Last Updated: 23/06/2021
5 Lands Walk is committed to ensuring that all walkers stay safe during these unprecedented times.
As a result, we are implementing the following controls. These controls will be updated as necessary.
Opening Ceremony - The Opening Ceremony will begin at 5pm at Avoca Beach.
• Setup will begin at 4.30pm
• All participants will be required to register / "sign-in" via a QR Code at Surf Club marquees positioned at the lead on to Avoca Beach.
• Hand sanitiser will be available.
• BYO beach chair and refreshments.
• 2 COVID-Safe Marshalls to patrol the Beach to ensure that social distancing is being observed & to check if patrons have "signed-in" via the QR code.
The Launch of the Connections & Ephemera Art Exhibitions will take place in the Avoca Beach Surf Lifesaving Club after the Opening Ceremony is completed.
• Patrons entering the Avoca Beach Surf Lifesaving Club are controlled by the club’s COVID-19 Safety Plan which currently states that a maximum of 70 can attend.
• Patrons will need to register / "sign-in" on the Surf Club QR Code to enter the Avoca Beach Surf Lifesaving Club House.
• 1 COVID-Safe Marshall will count and record the numbers of people entering & leaving the Surf Club.
5 Lands Walk - Buses
• Bus terminuses at Crowne Plaza, The Haven and the Ferry Street Wharf Bus Stop at Ettalong.
• Social Distancing indicators of 4 metres are to be marked on the ground and observation of the distancing is to be monitored by COVID-19 Safety Marshalls.
• CCGS volunteers will collect COVID-19 QR registrations / "sign-ins" from walkers lined up in bus queues. 4 volunteers at Crowne Plaza, 2 each at the Haven and Ferry Street Wharf Ettalong.
• 1 COVID-19 Safety Marshall needs to be in attendance at each Bus Terminus.
• The program at each Land and Captain Cook Lookout needs to be critiqued to identify social distancing hotspots.
• Programs need to be altered to eliminate any hot spots.
• Art exhibitions are held in Copacabana, Avoca Beach and North Avoca Surf Clubs.
• Patrons entering these Surf Clubs are controlled by the clubs’ COVID-19 Safety Plans which currently state that a maximum of 50 people can attend at Copacabana, 70 at Avoca Beach and 54 at North Avoca.
• Patrons will need to register via each Surf Club’s QR code to enter these Surf Clubs.
• 1 COVID-19 Safety Marshall will count and record the numbers of people entering & leaving the Surf Clubs.
• Patrons can register / "sign-in" for the 5LW on the QR code available at Information Marquees positioned at each of the Lands along the 5 Lands Walk.
• Hand sanitiser will be available.
5 Lands Weekend - Art Exhibitions
• The Connections & Ephemera Art Exhibitions will be open in the Avoca Beach Surf Club.
• Patrons entering the Avoca Beach Surf Club are controlled by the club’s COVID-19 Safety Plan which currently states a maximum of 70 can attend.
• Patrons will need to Register on the Surf Club’s QR code to enter the Avoca Beach Club House.
• 1 COVID-19 Safety Marshall will count the numbers of people entering & leaving the Surf Club.
Covid MarshalsOpening Ceremony at Avoca Beach
• 2 marshals to patrol crowd on beach to ensure social distancing & to check if patrons have "signed-in" via the QR code.
• 1 marshal to count people entering and leaving the Connections Art Exhibition in the Avoca Beach Surf Club to maintain a maximum of 70
• Total of 3 marshals 5 Lands Walk
• 1 marshal to be in attendance at each bus terminal - Crowne Plaza, The Haven & Ferry Street Wharf bus stop (3 total)
• 1 marshal to count people entering and leaving the Art Exhibitions in the surf clubs to maintain a maximum of 50 at Copacabana, 70 at Avoca and 54 at North Avoca (3 total)
• 1 marshal to be in attendance at each land & Captain Cook Lookout to ensure social distancing (6 total)
• Total of 12 marshals
5 Lands Weekend
• 1 marshal to count people entering and leaving the Art Exhibition in the Avoca Beach surf club to maintain a maximum of 70
• Total of 1 marshal
New COVID-19 Restrictions for Greater Sydney
Following updated health advice from the Chief Health Officer Dr Kerry Chant about the
growing risk to the community, the following restrictions will be introduced for Greater
Sydney, the Central Coast, Blue Mountains, Wollongong and Shellharbour;
• Visitors to households will be limited to 5 guests – including children; • Masks will be compulsory in all indoor non-residential settings, including workplaces, and at organised outdoor events;
• Drinking while standing at indoor venues will not be allowed;
• Singing by audiences at indoor shows or by congregants at indoor places of worship will not be allowed;
• Dancing will not be allowed at indoor hospitality venues or nightclubs however, dancing is allowed at weddings for the bridal party only (no more than 20 people);
• Dance and gym classes limited to 20 per class (masks must be worn); • The one person per four square metre rule will be re-introduced for all indoor and outdoor settings, including weddings and funerals; • Outdoor seated events will be limited to 50% seated capacity; • Previous public transport capacity limits, represented by green dots, will be reintroduced; • If you live or work in the City of Sydney, Waverley, Randwick, Canada Bay, Inner West, Bayside, and Woollahra local government areas, you cannot travel outside metropolitan Sydney for non-essential travel.
Face MasksPlease note that the wearing of face masks is compulsory for the entirety of the 5 Lands Walk. This includes:
• Walking along the 5 Lands Walk trail
• Attending meetings in enclosed areas
• Attending Art Exhibitions in the Copacabana, Avoca Beach & North Avoca Surf Clubs
• Travelling on buses around the 5 Lands Walk
Attendance at Committee Meetings
• Chairs & tables are to be sprayed & wiped before and after use - disinfectant spray to be supplied by Con Ryan
• Hand sanitiser to be used - supplied by Con Ryan
• As of 23/06/2021, for the Greater Sydney Region (including the Central Coast) all indoor premises are restricted to 1 person per 4 square metres
• Attendance list to be recorded in the minutes of each meeting
• Anyone attending meetings via video link are exempt from the above protocol